Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Hell, Yeah, I'm Confrontational

Like him or not, Edwards finally seems comfortable as an unabashed crusader. Perhaps this iteration of John Edwards (3.0, is it?) was the real John Edwards all along.

While I'm on this point, I also think Obama's getting the shaft with the coverage of his "testy" response to a voter in Iowa:



Sure, he yelled at an elderly woman and that was probably a bad plan. On the other hand, Democrats will always get painted as "weak on national security" until we do something about it. Some might say that yelling at the questioner isn't the solution. I say, what else should you do when someone implies that you are somehow disinclined to defend your fellow Americans. If that voter had been anything other than a senior, I'm sure Obama's anger would have been favorably compared to John Kerry's aloofness in the face of similar baseless attacks.

I could be wrong, though. Wouldn't be the first time (it would be the second).

1 comment:

clark said...

I agree with you... "don't think that I care any less about my daughters being blown up." we need to say things like that until people don't think it's out of the ordinary for democrats... mostly because it's true